- She has shown no empathy to students detained. She ordered Gendarmes on Campus who molested students
- Her tenure as Vice Chancellor has already expired because she was supposed to retire in February 2016 but due to her manipulation of the Prime Minister she still remains in office
- She always calls police to maim all her opponents
- She has taken 10 innocent lecturers to the police on false charges which she herself orchestrated through a fake email circulated on the internet with the complicity of Dr. Molua Ernest and Dr. Kingsley Ngange. Her intention by this accusation was to charge the lecturers to court and eventually incarcerate them for terrorism and have them physically eliminated on the grounds of national security
- She has framed two lecturers for corruption and scandalized them on CRTV Buea for extorting money from students, dragged the said lecturers before a Disciplinary Panel and failed to prove her allegations
- She has brought down academic standards by trying to fraudulently and insistently award a PhD to a certain Mrs. Ali Joan Wacka who was not registered at the University of Buea and had not fulfilled the conditions required for the conferment of the doctorate degree
- This same Ali Joan received a salary for more than six years during which she was not teaching. Throughout that period, she spent endless hours in the Vice-Chancellor’s office spreading gossip and eavesdropping on official conversations and was protected by Dr. Nalova Lyonga. She was also given more than 3 million to go to the USA for an excursion when colleagues applying genuine for academic visits were turned away
- In furtherance of her rampage on academic standards, she drove to an examination hall to fire an invigilator from the hall after Mrs Biaka, a candidate in the MBA exam who was fidgeting, called her on the phone to report that the invigilator had changed her seat. She asked the candidate to return to her seat and continue fidgeting
- She instructed that first semester exams in 2016 be written in the university after only eight out of the statutory thirteen weeks of lectures in violation of UNESCO standards, even against the advice of Faculties and SYNES that students were not ready thereby causing many students to perform poorly
- She caused her daughter to write undergraduate exams alone in the middle of the semester on the grounds that she was to travel abroad before the end of the semester. Then, resit exams were eventually instituted in ASTI because this same daughter of hers failed several courses and would not graduate on time if she was not given a chance to resit them
- She has swelled the support staff roll with about 300 new recruits mostly from the same ethnic background; a proof of her tribalistic disposition. In fact, recruitments are not advertised; rather, people are called on the phone to come and take up positions which yield fat salaries while lecturers type their documents and print off campus. This spurious recruitment is sucking up subventions to Faculties and inflating the academic debt
- she appoints junior colleagues newly recruited to head departments, just to spite much older staff in those Departments and calls to find out what the reaction is.
- she banned taxis from entering the campus and rejected proposals for the University to adopt its own transportation scheme simply because she planned to set up her own transport company under the name Bajo Club, heavily subsidized by the University. To this day, the company has not been able to acquire enough buses to serve the population of UB. At times, there are two buses to serve about 20,000 students, teachers and support staff. University staff are compelled to trek in the sun, rain and often get to work late because the buses are never there.
- Nalova does not have a clean financial record; she does not pay the Faculties their fair share of the 35% of subventions received from the State because she uses it to pay salaries of support staff. As a result, some Faculties still owe bonuses of 2014 and 2015 much to lecturers’ chagrin
- The three Peugeot cars used by two Deputy Vice Chancellors and the Registrar disappeared shortly after she assumed office and much later the Vice-Chancellor’s black Prado also disappeared after 132 million Francs was given by the Prime Minister for the purchase of new service cars (being 55 million Francs for a new Prado for the Vice-chancellor and 82 million for Honda vehicles for her deputies and the Registrar) one would have expected a public auction of the old cars or that they be given to some Deans whose service cars are about 20 years old and out of use
- She has introduced late registration fee of 10,000FCFA which has made students to protest against her.
- She has excluded all level 400 students from the Presidential grants to meritorious students.
- She invited Police and Gendarmes on Campus who molested, maimed and raped students.
Based on these, Dr. Nalova Lyonga should resign
Author: Anonymous. BaretaNews found it worthy to be published