Election of a Southern Cameroons Interim PM: I fully Endorse the idea.
Mark Bareta, Southern Cameroons Activist from Bui County fully endorse this idea and I call on all Southern Cameroonians who follow and read me, friends and sympathisers to support the election of an Interim Prime Minister. These are my beliefs
1. It is no news that we are a colonised people. The Southern Cameroons question is that of annexation and colonialism. The union between both Cameroons is illegitimate and legally not binding. The Union has not been consummated. The union can be challenged in any court of Law.
2. Whether you believe in a two states federation as a pathway to independence, a federated or confederated Southern Cameroons state will still need a Prime Minister. We all believe that Southern Cameroonians have a right to self determination. It is an inalienable right and the ultimate goal of the struggle no matter which route is the restoration of the Southern Cameroons Statehood.
3. The idea of a United Front in this case SCACUF is a very welcome idea. It brings all major liberation movements together. It is true that it has been hugely welcomed across the board. It is my position that, this Front is still growing and thus it is just okay to receive criticisms to help it grow. It should thus be given the opportunity to show itself in the objectives it was created without pampering it should need arises.
4. Southern Cameroonians both home and abroad are very ready for a restored Southern Cameroons state. We have never had this type of movement in years. There are all signs to conclude that the people are ready to reclaim their homeland and would fall hugely behind a chosen leader democratically elected across the board.
5. The international community must see the Southern Cameroons people with all arms of a country in place before they start taking us serious.
6. The idea of a PM is not an end in itself, it is a means to prepare Southern Cameroons to restoration following all means possible.
Therefore, the idea of a PM may look funny at the surface or over ambitious, however, I deeply belief that any actions which put La Republique at the tight corner should be welcome. The interim PM must be elected, he/she should form a government with the most important state departments for the mean time and prepare the country towards restoration.
The action of having a rival government to la Republique no matter where it seats is welcome especially if the people back home in Southern Cameroons recognises the government of the interim PM and are prepared to follow his or her instructions. It is therefore the duty of SCACUF and the PM to make sure Southern Cameroonians back home fall in line and yes, it is our sacrosanct duty to make it happen if we mean business. Therefore, this what the PM must do.
1. Form a 50-50 balance team of the most important state departments between Southern Cameroonians from both the Northern and Southern Zones.
2. Endorses and fully supports the 3Hs actions- Heart, Head and Hands and most especially the right to self defence.
3. Locates friendly small nations in Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Latin America to sign trade, and economic pacts to support the state militarily and otherwise. These countries should have recognised the interim government by then
4. Fully endorses the Southern Cameroons Defence Force and get a friendly nation to train Southern Cameroons recruits who will travel for training and be ready. We must start building the military
5. Apply for membership into international bodies and unrepresented Nations organisations for synergy and corporations.
6. Set up a strong financial system and institute a compulsory monthly tax system from all Southern Cameroonians. We must fund our government. The PM will need a lot of lobbying and travelling.
7. Produce and distribute a Southern Cameroons Identity cards to everyone both home and abroad.
8. Build a strong formidable Communication team that uses the 21st century social media and print communication technologies on a 24 hour/7 days a week period. This team must be proactive on social media, radio, TV as well as instantly diluting La Republique indoctrination of our people.
SCACUF must immediately make public how this PM election will be done. I suppose it should be an online voting platform so that our people back home are involved in the process. Candidates for this interim position should be made known so that the people get to know them. There are many more one can write on this but I will stop here.
It should be recalled that all issues described here are also tenets the PM will need in a confederation with Cameroun should that be the first step or a full blown independence. We must however show strength in whatever we do.
I, Mark Bareta, CEO of BaretaNews shall therefore fully support such a PM to see him or her succeeds. I shall, however in my usual ways not fail to call the PM and his or her government out should they be failing or falling below expectations neither will I fail to call SCACUF out if this United Front is also found wanting at any point in time.
May God Bless Southern Cameroons.
Bui County, Southern Cameroons