The international development NGO seeks a Compliance Manager based in the Cameroons.
Background of VMM
VMM is an international development NGO founded in 1969, which has supported building the capacity of development organisations overseas in terms of human resource and project support. VMM has provided nearly 3,000 personnel to partner organisations since our founding and currently supports over 40 partner organisations through our Overseas Programmes in 9 countries.
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Compliance Manager based in Cameroon, Africa. You will be responsible for the implementation of the activities projects, and will report to the Regional Finance Officer.
Key Responsibility: Risk Management and Compliance
- RCO ensures adherence to JRS’ financial policies and procedures and compliance with all donors’ financial and reporting requirements.
- RCO guarantees that internal control systems are in place and followed by all JRS Finance staff and all other applicable employees.
- RCO makes sure that all JRS required tools (review checklists, process flow charts etc.) are made available to and consistently used by all appropriate staff.
- In close collaboration with Regional Finance Officer, conduct and document internal control assessments annually and develop action plans to address weaknesses within a reasonable time. Ensure that there is an adequate segregation of duties among cash receipt, cash disbursement, bank reconciliation and financial database maintenance functions.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Actively engage with internal and external audit team and ensure findings related to financial management are closed within the prescribed deadlines and relevant lessons learned drawn from the audits.
- As needed and in collaboration with RFO, help in the recruitment, training and placement of finance staff
- Reports directly to the Regional Director, on a weekly basis, the results of internal control assessments.
- Promptly apprise the RD of any known or suspected instances of fraud and/or of ethical viola
God is still saying something.